Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Song

 
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see."

I am familiar with the song. (I know you are too) In fact, we have been singing it in church almost every Sunday that I can even sing it without looking at the song book. But that is not the issue ladies and gentlemen. I even do not know why I am posting this. Perhaps because of the fact that I was requested to do something in one of our subjects that I hated the most when facing a crowd -- sing! (deep sigh)

Our madame teacher was discussing something I already forgot (nasa notes ko naman..hihi..irereview ko lang mamaya) when she asked if someone in the class knows the song 'Amazing Grace'. Three hands floated in the air. She pointed one to sing it. I beamed after realizing that I did the right thing for not bragging that I know the song. Suddenly, she stood beside my chair and gave me an index finger.

"Do you know the song?" was her quick question.

"Yes ma'am," I replied, thinking that lying won't do me anything good.

"Alright. You sing it."

"Huuuuuwaaatt??But I did not raise my hand."

I wanted to say no because that is my weakness. Though I have all the rights to refuse it, my knees pushed me to stand up. What's wrong with singing it anyway? It's just a simple song with a beautiful melody. I wanted to make it a  rap or a fast-tempo song so that I can immediately stop. But it has a mellow tune. It is sung solemnly. lalalalalala! I sang. I can't believe it!

The end finally came and there was no single reaction from my classmates. Anyhow, that's better than seeing others start to whisper something to their seatmates. (woot!) Amazing grace. Amazing song. Amazing afternoon. Amazing singer. :D :D :D

0 citrus juice/s:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...