Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The 12 1/2 things you should know about writing

I was re-encoding some texts for our English bulletin board when I encountered these 12 and a half things that a writer should put into heart. I have remarks every after each item, by the way. Guilty, I am of some you know.

1. If you write every day, you get better at writing every day.
(I don't write every day, though I take down notes when in class. That's writing right, but that is not what this statement means.)

2. If it’s boring to you, it’s boring to your reader.
(Not all the time, maybe. I had a chance of writing a boring story but when my friends read it, they said it's nice. That was so long ago, though.)

3. Get a writing routine and stick with it.
(uhmmmm...*eyes to the sky)

4. Poetry does not have to rhyme.
(True!)

5. Resist stereotypes, in real life and in your writing.
(Yeah! Thumbs up to this.)

6. Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
(I read, but I choose the material. I just don't read anything. I read if it's my type of book. And I read when I am in the mood. Seems like a habit to extinguish, right?)

7. Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things.
(I write new words and new terms in any notebook that I spot, and when I need those, I do not know where to find it.)

8. There doesn’t always have to be a moral to the story.
(I'll take note of this. I once thought a story is not a story without the moral.)

9. Always bring a notebook. Always bring a spare pen.
(Guilty me, super. I posted once about how the absence of pen made me loose the chance of winning some incentives. I will also take note of this.)

10. Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.
(I do this before, but I have observed lately how I lost interest in writing. I just hope this is passing.)

11. Don’t settle on just one style. Try something new!
(Is doing this. Yeah, thanks for reminding.)

12. Learn to tell both sides of the story.
(One of the essentials in news writing. But I do it differently sometimes. I am bias.)

12 ½ . Stop looking at this poster. Write something!

After reading the last item, I dashed to my account and posted this one. I have finally written something after several weeks of setting my blog aside. Happy writing!

:)

0 citrus juice/s:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...