Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So that's what they call History 141

Phew! So long ago, I had nothing to write on this blog. Now, I think I have. *smile

Welcome to my story telling of History 141, the subject which focuses on the life of Jose Protacio Rizal Mercado y Alonso Realonda, also called as Dr. Jose P. Rizal. It is an interesting lesson, I tell you. And the class itself does not bore me that much. With all the orange armchairs, who would be?

This is the book that we're using in our class.

I have more to that. Read on.

The "ables". If History is filled with things to memorize and dates to note, we also have other things in mind aside from the lessons. We brand them the "ables." Our first target was Crushable. He's cute of course,with eyeglasses on. The silent and genius type with a wide grin. And for the record, he is the first human crush of Xang-Xang. The rest are animes. Way to go, Ixa! Next is Admirable. He's cute, too. I saw him first and he wears a stainless steel in his teeth. He's relatively tall with a pair of singkit eyes. (haha) Then we have Huggable. He looks like the little boy from the movie Up, just magnified 1000 times. He's actually a giant, both in height and in weight. At this point in time, we are aiming to find Adorable. No one is as of the moment, so we'd stick to the three first.

A taste of embarrassment. This is the part where I say that I am really clumsy, a retard perhaps. Our teacher asked us to photocopy our receipts for filing purposes. Everyday, she reminded us all about our responsibility. The one week extension was good enough but I forgot all about it. With this procrastinating attitude that I have, complying with that very simple request was not done. Not until I was reprimanded in front of the class. It was not a reprimand for me but it seemed more like it. That happened Monday morning and I had to go home that noon to look for my almost-forgotten receipts. I tarried back home, deciding to do the passing of the photocopy later. That "later" became a "late" for when I arrived in school, our teacher wasn't in her room already. She had went home. I did not think of anything more but to get another reprimand the next day. I even got a bruised knee after diving into a flight of stairs on my way to the next class that afternoon. Why? I had to run so that I won't miss my Physics lecture. It's all because of that word "late." *sigh*  The next day, thank God, she just accepted the paper without any remarks. That was a lesson learned.

The dream and the interpreter. Too much shyness will kill you. It already did to me. I died of regret. Argggh!! For being too concealing about my thoughts, it's my fault. For being too shy to raise my hand and answer the question with a confident statement, it's my fault.

On the 16th chapter of the Rizal book, there was a passage there that stated about Rizal's dream.

"Once I dreamed that I descended by a path. I saw a multitude of persons seated, dressed in white, with white faces, silent and surrounded by white light. There I saw my two brethren, one of them already dead and the other one still alive."

She told us to interpret the dream and relate it to his death in Bagumbayan six years after. She called the "intelligents" of the class first. All of them gave the literal meaning, stating humorous interpretations like Rizal was in the hospital in his dream and the multitude in white are doctors, or like he has ascended to heaven and all the white people are angels. Oh men! That is not the way to interpret dreams. I really wanted to raise my hand and give my opinion, which I think was right. But she did not call me. Hay! And so there I was, remorseful of not having answered. In my mind, I said, "That descend meant his travel from prison to Bagumbayan/ Luneta Park. Then the 'multitude dressed in white' is not literally white. They are Spanish and Filipino men and women who carefully and silently watched him during his execution. The second sentence I do not know." 
Grrr! Dr. Valencia's (our History teacher) explanation was all similar to mine. I missed that chance. And for the sake of interpreting the whole dream, the second sentence meant Rizal's two books -- Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo. The "dead brethren" was the Noli while the latter was referred to as the "alive brethren." (to know more of Jose Rizal's life, works, and death, enroll in History 141)

For the first time. For the first time in the history of my History 141 quizzes, that of today's was my first perfect score. And to think that that was the hardest of all seven quizzes. I know I wouldn't get that pleasant-to-the-ears score without God's help. Good thing the Mental Block Monster did not shake my brain off or else every detail of what I studied would turn into a vast image of blur. Thank you Lord.

More of the spills next time! :) God speed.

1 comment:

  1. I want to use pin less calling with registered numbers but i also want to control my bill by viewing and tracking call history online from all registered numbers .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...