Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thank You

I accidentally killed my fingernail yesterday. I'm so sorry. 
But it was just the beginning of a horrible Monday story. 

Yesterday afternoon was a typical working Monday until I realized surprising things happen at your most unguarded moments. 

As I was about to close the door behind me on my way to the comfort room, I did not notice that my right pointer got stuck in between the door and the doorway. The loud bang covered my faint moan of pain as I made quick steps to the CR outside the office. Nobody should know how clumsy I was, I thought. 

For quite sometime, I tried to hold my numbing finger with my left hand and looked at the mirror. The pain was unbearable. It was as if I saw a ghost that my features suddenly turned pallid. I opened the faucet to at least pacify the pain with the cold water before it could swell or drip with blood. It wasn't effective at all. Deep inside, I was wishing I could have the guts to call for help but I also thought that I still don't need it at the moment. I could still handle myself in that situation. 

More seconds later, I felt my heart race. It was slow at first, when I entered into one of the small cubicles to release some liquid. But the moment I pushed the flush and unlocked the door, I felt my entire world turn upside down. I almost fell to my feet. If that happened, I could've hit my head hard on the floor, and who knows what's going to happen next. Good thing I still had enough of the strength that I needed to tuck myself in one corner, in a sitting yet flimsy position. My head was throbbing incessantly. My eyesight turned gray and the still image of the mirror, the mop, the pail, the sink and the floor floated like melted butter. My stomach was grueling like angry lions. I needed to call for help, I thought again. But when I tried to open my mouth, no sound came out to form into the urgent words "HELP!" 

At that moment, the only name I could remember calling was God's. I wanted to cry because of my helplessness. I wanted to crawl back to the office for I did not like the idea that I might pass out in the CR. Thankfully, I did not completely lose my sanity. I calmed down, tried humming my favorite inspirational song, and finally got back to my feet. I did not know though how long I stayed there. I walked back to the office like nothing happened, smiling even at some acquaintances along the way. 

My head was still as heavy as a sack of rice when I finally surrendered to my PC cubicle. I laid myself to rest and waited for a relief from the inside. 

As I was about to fall into deep yet painful slumber, a good friend texted me. That was the only time I remembered I can call my father for what happened. But he was far away. I also could not call on my workmates. I don't know why, but I did not like them to know about my situation. In silence, I told my friend on the other line about what happened to me. I thought it was not the right thing to do but if something worse happens to me, someone, at least, would know. He asked a lot of questions, more on how I was feeling. I did not hold long and stopped replying. That time I told myself, "I don't want to die this way."

As if he could read minds, he texted again, telling me he'd bring some medicine to the office. I was overjoyed with the idea, especially that at that moment, my head was starting to throb faster than my heart beat (again). Since he just lives near the tutorial center that I was working, he arrived in no time. I met him at the Food Lounge with a forced smile. He smiled back and I thought it was heavenly. (may time pa talaga ako sa mga ganyan ha?? haha.) He gave me two tablets, one with which I have taken in immediately. We chatted about random stuffs and laughed about it but I could still sense he sounded more concerned about my plight than myself. (ayiiiee) I felt better and took the second tablet four hours later, though there were still traces of pain in my head, which helped me survive that night's tiresome duty.

I have thanked him a million times after he left the office. I think I thanked him enough while he was with me. And even if he cannot read this blog post, I would thank him again. THANK YOU JADE. Your concern meant a lot to me.

That's what real friends are for. *blink*


  1. oh no! I feel you... that's hurts a lot liike damn! :(


    1. yeah. grabeh talaga ang sakit. anyway, i am now on the road to recovery :)

  2. kadanghad gid nimo teach... see you this saturday...

    1. hahah. yeah. ^_^

      see you this saturday. IMY teacher albert.

  3. Yes, a lot of OUCH indeed. It's great to know you have a good friend you can rely on. Hope your doing fine! ヅ

    Fashionmoto Blog


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...